Blog header

Sunday, January 15, 2006

COPULATIN' BLUES

Copulatin' Blues

A great collection of old time hokum blues that happen to be exceptionally naughty. Lucille Bogan will raise the hairs on the back of your neck with the unabashed raunchiness of her song "Shave 'Em Dry" ("I got nipples on my titties big as the ends of my thumbs, I got something between my legs could make a dead man come"), and the rest of the CD is likewise riske to an extent that must have been illegal when these recordings were made. Songs such as "Please Warm My Weiner" by Bo Carter, "It's Tight Like That" by Clara Smith, and "Wet It" by Frankie "Half-Pint" Jaxon are still suprisingly raw. These are racuous, dirty-minded, foul-mouthed blues songs, and, come to think of it, some of them still might be illegal.

Get the CD here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home